Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shout out to Pinterest once again...

Oh my goodness this is good!  This is now my second time to make it and it tends to last about 4 meals!  Primal Palate is another website that I tend to venture to often to find yummy new recipes. 
Their recipe calls for:
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil, toasted        1 Tbsp Garlic, minced                  
1 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced      
1 lb Chicken Breast, Skinless , cubed                                               
1/2 cup Water Chestnuts            2 cup Broccoli, chopped             
1/2 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half
1/4 cup Almonds, chopped         1/4 cup Celery, chopped               
1/4 cup Green Onion, chopped    2 cup Shredded Green Cabbage 
1/4 cup Raw Coconut Aminos     1tsp Sesame Seeds

I definitely DID NOT use all of this.  I started heating up my large cast iron pan with a spoon full of raw coconut oil.  Then I added 2 cups of chopped up broccoli.  Threw in 1/2 cup of diced up portobello mushrooms (I grind them up so Brian doesn't realize that I added them in... shhhhh).  1/4 cup chopped almonds, 1/4 cup chopped cashews and 1/4 cup chopped pistachios.  (I didn't have any water chestnuts so I added more yummy nuts.) 
1/4 cup green onions & celery (equal parts) added in and then let it sizzle just a bit.  I chopped up a bunch of cooked chicken breast the first time. (I used shrimp the second time.)  Once this was all mixed together and warmed, I added the 2 cups of shredded cabbage and garlic.  Let it heat up and soften just a bit and then serve.

This is delish!!!  I hope you enjoy it.  I tend to saute more mushrooms and onions and add them to the top of mine for some extra flavor!  I don't own nor plan on buying at this time coconut aminos (I have absolutely no idea what that is) nor ginger root or sesame oil.  Just throwing that out there...

Blessings to all! :)

4 comments:

  1. This really does look like it is delicious. Sesame oil is easy to find and does add a nice flavor. However, I don't know anything about coconut aminos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to ask just yesterday what coconut aminos are because I was reading through a relatively new Paleo book, called Well Fed. It had a lot of recipes in there that called for coconut amigos. Think of it as soy sauce. Can't seem to find any at any of the stores around here, but a co worker of mine said you can get it on Amazon. This looks and sounds great. Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, by amigos, I mean aminos. Darn auto correct! Amigos are good too, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipe is so yummy... I've made it 3 or 4 times now and there are always leftovers for lunch the next day. B & I were walking around Whole Foods on Sunday and I saw Coconut aminos in their bulk section. It almost has a powdered sugar like texture. I didn't buy any but at least I know where to buy some locally if needed. And Dan I agree, Amigos are good to have too! :)

    ReplyDelete