Monday, April 16, 2012

Paleo chocolate chip cookies

Oh my goodness, these are a hit at my house!  My mentor at work also is doing Paleo with his family so he has become such an asset to me in this part of the B & C food journey.  He sent me a recipe for Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies on Monday and said they were absolutely delicious.  Of course, when I got home from work on Monday, I HAD to try them out.  I did make a full batch but only baked 12 cookies.  B & I both don't always do well with portion control when it comes to dark chocolate.  :)  We have the dough handy if we need a couple of cookies here and there after a meal but this makes us heat up the oven and wait for them to be baked each time.  This has been a helpful tool for me in choosing wisely the foods that I need vs. the foods that I want.  So... let's get down to it, how do you actually make these delicious balls of goodness!?

Ingredients:
3 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c maple syrup
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life semi-sweet choc chips (I used choc chunks instead)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
First, I added the dry ingredients to my handy dandy KitchenAid mixer.
In a small bowl, I combined the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mixed thoroughly.
I then added the wet ingredients to the dry in the KitchenAid and mixed until blended
The 1/2 c of coconut oil went into the microwave for about 15 seconds to turn to a liquid substance and then was poured into the KitchenAid batter mixture.
Slowly, I added the chocolate chunks.
Once the mixture was ready to go, I took out my cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and went to work on our one dozen cookies that would be baked.  I have a cookie scoop that portions on the cookies perfectly. 
Bake for 15 minutes... and then voila!  Perfection in Paleo baking!!
Let cool for a couple of minutes then enjoy... you know I did!
I had two cookies out of this batch... Brian ate 10!!  He was not messing around.  Since our first batch, I have used the refrigerated cookie dough to make 3-6 cookies at a time.  I still preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 15 minutes.  They turn out absolutely delicious each time around.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment