Monday, April 9, 2012

Chicken salad with no mayo

Can you tell that this was my lunch at work?  I normally get weird stares or comments about the food that I bring to work.  I have never really been an out-to-eater and I very very very rarely will go out to lunch.  I'm thankful I have always been in the habit of making my own food and taking it to work for lunch to save some $$ and most likely some extra calories. 

I saw a recipe on Pinterest that made a chicken salad but with avocado instead of a lot of mayo.  She made hers with shredded chicken, avocado, mayo, green onions cilantro, lime juice, salt & pepper. 
 
I took one 16 oz can of chicken chunks and shredded it up.  I then diced up one whole avocado and mashed them together.  I sprinkled in some green onions and pepper.  That's it!  Added it over a bed of broccoli slaw and I was good to go!  I absolutely love chicken salad and egg salad so was absolutely grateful to find this recipe sans mayo but just as much creaminess as expected!  Good job 'Becoming Betty' for putting this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment