Monday, April 2, 2012

Paleo Fruit & Nut bars... reminds me of Starbucks

As you know... I'm a fan of Everyday Paleo.  This is the book that got me started on our journey into Paleo.  I go to her blog a couple times a week to look for new recipes.  One of my flaws is that I am a snacker.  I know it isn't always good but, man I have a sweet tooth!  I am trying my darnedest to find 'sweet tooth' fixes that still fit within Paleo.  I found the recipe for Fruit N' Nut bars and decided to try it out.  

In her recipe, she calls for:
½ cup raw almonds
 1 cup raw pecans
 ¼ teaspoon sea salt
 12 Medjool dates
 1 cup dried apricots (unsweetened)




I went with:
1/2 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw pecans
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
10-12 Medjool dates cut up
1/2 cup dried prunes & craisins


I tend to take a recipe that I find online and make it with what I like or what I have on hand.  Brian and I both take these every day for work as a snack.  They are filling and yummy... they also don't have any added sugar which I love! 

The directions are here if you want to try it yourself.  Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment