Saturday, March 31, 2012

What a lovely Saturday

This morning Brian and I slept in until 7 AM!  That was such a treat to not have to get up super early and get going.  While he was getting ready for work, I decided to go to the gym instead of doing P90X at home.  I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, crunches and then arms.  It felt nice to jog a bit.  I haven't done that for a while. 
When I got home, Brian was walking out the door so I decided to head to the back yard and pull weeds.  Our backyard looks currently like a jungle.  I filled up our only trash can so I have to wait until the trash guy comes on Wednesday and then fill it up again next weekend.  While working on the weeds Big Turtle came out so he got fed too.  Nom nom nom....

For breakfast, I decided to use my awesome Vitamix blender (thank you Come before Winter women) to make a breakfast smoothie.  This machine is absolutely amazing.  If you don't have one... GO BUY ONE NOW!
 





I started off with 1/4 cup of Welch's white grape juice as a base.  I ended up added another 1/4 cup of water once I started blending to make it more smoothie like and less ice cream like.  1/2 frozen banana.  1/4 cup pomegranate seeds.  1/2 c pineapple chunks.  1/4 apple (I ate the rest of the apple with my smoothie).  1 cup grapes.  2 cups spinach leaves.  I also added 1 scope of vanilla protein powder since, you know, I worked out and all.  :)  The great thing about this smoothie is everything about it is raw and fresh fruits or veggies.  (You can always use just water instead of the Welch's white grape juice.)

The recipe makes more than enough for one smoothie.  I tend to freeze the leftovers in my Popsicle maker thing or just put it in the fridge and drink throughout the day.  The smoothie isn't the most attractive thing in the world but man it tastes good. 

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Yea for Vitamixes and yea for Big turtle eating so healthy too. Have a good and productive rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine! Fun blog! Your post is pushing me this.close to getting a vitamix. I want one so bad!! Oh and your definition of sleeping in is very different from mine :)
    -cqa

    ReplyDelete