Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sweet potatoes are delicious!

 
My lunch was absolutely delicious!  I had some leftover Le Mein and didn't want to just eat that.  I bought some sweet potatoes yesterday at Sprouts that have been begging me to eat them so I decided to add a little saute job to the stir fry.  I started with dicing up some onions and adding them to a large cast iron with a spoonful of refined coconut oil.  I let them warm for about 3 to 4 minutes and then added 1 sweet potato diced up.  I cut them into approximately 1/2 inch pieces (some bigger, some smaller).  They then cooked for about 15 minutes on warm.  While I was at that, I started sauteing some portobello mushrooms.  My momma raised me right and I pretty much eat sauteed mushrooms & onions on all of my meals.  So. Stinkin. Good!  As this was all going on over the cooktop, I prepared some 'guacamole' as a side.  I used 1 avocado, some seasoning and 1 Roma tomato diced.  This blending of flavor was actually quite nice along with the Lo Mein/Sweet Potato mixture. 

This is what it ended up looking like and it tasted so much better.  Now, on to watching some Harry Potter because it's just the right thing to do! 

1 comment:

  1. Total yum, and yall enjoy the HP movie...talk about something that never gets old!

    ReplyDelete